What is memory care? How do I find a memory care community in Florida?
How to find Memory Care for a family member or loved one in Florida
What is memory care? For seniors who have Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia, a memory care community provides services and support to help them appreciate life’s daily moments. Our communities offer memory care communities to support seniors with daily living tasks such as:
- Specialized programming and activities to support those with Alzheimer’s or dementia, based on a Montessori model
- Assistance with bathing or showering, dressing, getting in and out of bed or a chair, eating, walking or using the bathroom
- Medication management
- Assurance of team members around the clock and available to support when needed
They can also enjoy the benefits of living at a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, with a full continuum of care and priority access to supportive services like skilled nursing care, therapy and rehabilitation and pharmacy services.
Services included with memory care and dementia care
For residents who choose one of our memory care communities, in Bradenton, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee or Winter Park, a variety of life-enriching services are included in the monthly fee. For example:
- Customized Montessori-based programming that emphasizes appreciating life’s moments, with a variety of activities to support memory and cognition
- Our exclusive Small BITES program, offering delicious and nutritious meals served in our familiar, family-style kitchen and dining room
- Maintenance-free living with full home maintenance included
- All utilities, such as electricity, water, trash and basic cable
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry and linens service
- Scheduled transportation to doctor’s appointments, activities and errands like grocery shopping
In addition, residents enjoy all of the benefits of living at a Life Plan Community, such as amenities like a Fitness Center on campus, a life-enriching personal well-being program, and the assurance of knowing that a full continuum of care and priority access to supportive services are available to them.
A full continuum of care at a Life Plan Community
When memory care is offered as a service within a Life Plan Community, otherwise known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community, residents gain the assurance of having a plan for the rest of their lives.
A Life Plan Community offers, in addition to assisted living:
- Independent living, for residents who can live independently and wish to enjoy an exciting and active lifestyle and give up home maintenance
- Assisted living, providing extra assistance to residents who need help with the activities of daily living, such as eating, dressing, bathing, using the bathroom
- Memory care, to provide specialized programming and care for those who have Alzheimer’s disease or dementia in a specialized memory care community
- Therapy and rehabilitation, including physical therapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy, to help people get back on their feet and doing the things they love
- Nursing care, whether for a short-term stay after surgery or a hospitalization, or a long-term stay for those who need 24-hour care provided by nurses and certified nursing aides
How much does memory care cost in Florida?
An important question that you have to consider is how much memory care costs in Florida, if you or your loved one need a memory care community. While costs vary greatly between communities and cities, a general range can be anywhere from $4,500 to $10,000 per month for memory care communities.
To learn more about the costs of memory care in Florida, contact us at [email protected].
Where can I or my loved one enjoy assisted living in Florida?
Our communities are conveniently located throughout the state. We offer you or your loved ones a choice of memory care apartments and suites in Bradenton, Jacksonville, St. Augustine, St. Petersburg, Tallahassee or Winter Park.
How do I get help finding a memory care community?
We know how difficult it can be to find the community that is right for you. That’s why Senior Care Options in Florida is here to help! Contact us today and someone will try to help you as soon as we can, or you can call us at (888) 431-4383.